A Rater Field Inspector conducts site inspections and diagnostic testing on new and remodeled residential construction to verify compliance with energy code, energy audits on existing homes to determine retrofit measures needed to increase the energy efficiency of the home. They will do measurement calculations from blueprints and from onsite measurements and input into data system on iPads. Additionally, they will conduct quality inspections on new homes using checklist on iPads.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
PAY: $15 - $18.00 per hour plus bonuses depending on experience (For Certified individuals pay depending on experience)
SCHEDULE: Day shift, Monday-Friday
Southern Valley Services offers competitive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD plans, Retirement Plan with Company matchings, paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off. Mileage/Gas reimbursement.
• Preform detailed visual inspections safely including attics and crawlspaces.
• Perform Blower Door & Duct Leakage Testing and Infrared Scans
• Properly document code compliance and describe in detail any discrepancies
• Perform other duties assigned by Operations.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Accurately enter data from blueprints and physical inspection into iPad and laptops
• Properly measure and document measurements of new and preexisting homes.
• All other duties assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• High Integrity
• Prompt, and good time-management
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Strong construction math skills and the ability to read residential blueprints
• High Attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Computer skills, including typing and browsing, iPad
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiar with construction terms
• Ability to describe in detail observations made at a job site
• Ability to carry 50 lbs. of equipment
• Ability pull themselves into attic from scuttle hole, climb pulldown stairs enter attic and crawl spaces.
• Be able to access attics using pulldown stairs with typical weight capacity up to 250 lbs.
• Must be able to do one day travel.
• Current driver's license; clean driving record
• Reliable transportation that would accommodate equipment in a safe and secure manner. • Non-smoker
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• Background in construction, HVAC, residential inspection, or related experience
• Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
• Construction Inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
• Current RESNET RFI/HERS Rater Certification (Preferred)
CONTACT: Email Sheila Marr at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to tell her that you were referred by NAHA.